Monday, October 11, 2010

Revival

"The things that are impossible with men are possible with God." [Luke 18:27]

Revival through man is impossible. There is simply nothing we as men can do to lead lost men to Christ without the almighty power and aide of God Himself. For our Lord said,

"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing." [John 15:5]

My greatest desire is to see men be saved. I long to see young men and woman give their lives to the One who deserves all glory, to thrust everything they have and everything they are upon Him, to surrender their lives into His glorious hands and to live their every last day in utter dependence upon Him and Him alone. I long for them to say what the apostle Paul said,

"...whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord...and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ." [Philippians 3:7-8]

I long to see men let go of this world and cling to Christ and Christ alone. I long for them to view all temporal things of this world as rubbish and set their hearts and minds on eternal things alone. But the only way that we shall see these things come to pass, to see men saved, and to see and take part in Revival is through Christ and Christ alone. The old hymn sings,

"In Christ alone my hope is found."

He is our only hope. There is absolutely nothing we can do to save men, nevertheless lead a Revival. Salvation is a supernatural working of God through the Holy Spirit and it is nothing that our feeble hands can bring forth. We can't even point men to Cross without aide from Him on High. But did not the apostle Paul say,

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me." [Philippians 4:13]

Only through Christ can we point men unto the Cross. Only through Christ can men be saved. Only Christ can bring Revival. We must hope, we must have faith, and we must pray without ceasing for His Spirit to come amidst us and to fall on us. Only He can open the eyes of men's hearts to to see His mighty saving hand and their desperate need of a Savior.

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." [Isaiah 41:10]

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I am praying this very prayer. I pray that God may use me to show that He is truly Lord and Saviour.

    In Christ,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete